NEET UG 2013 Admission and Reservation
An All India merit list and State wise merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing Reservation Policies.
All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES UNDER 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA:
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions only as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 10.04.2008. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as General.
- 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category) in 15% All India UG quota seat. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of theMinistry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their schedule date of counselling:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- All India Institute of Physically Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)6
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 (Tel No.033-22235181)
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301) Reservation will be made as per 2200 pointreservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website-www.mohfw.nic.in.
ADMISSION AND RESERVATION OF SEATS IN GOVERNMENT FUNDED INSTITUTIONS/MEDICAL OR DENTAL COLLEGES AFFILIATED TO CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES/DEEMED UNIVERSITIES ETC..
Admission to Government funded Medical Institutions/Medical or Dental Colleges Affiliated to Central Universities/Deemed Universities etc. shall be subject to prevailing reservation policies and rules of admission applicable to the Institution/University Concerned.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN MEDICAL COLLEGES UNDER STATE QUOTA AND PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES
- Admission under 85% State quota seats in Government Medical Colleges shall be subject to reservation policy and Eligibility Criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- The reservation of seats in Medical Colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State/Union Territory concerned.
- Admission to MBBS/BDS courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to Policies of the State/Union Territory.
(a) List of State Codes is at Appendix – IV, candidates may choose State Code(s) on the basis of his/her eligibility to claim seats under State Quota in any State. Candidate’s rank in the merit list for 85% State Quota seats will be generated on the basis of the State Code of Eligibility filled in by the Candidates in the application form.
(b) Guidelines and Rules regarding Domicile framed by each State/UT shall be applicable in respect of the seats under their control and disposal.